The professor already handed out Case 1 (NVR) which was posted here:http://csinvesting.org/2011/12/10/case-study-1-of-an-excellent-investment-thesis-nvr/
Now for Case 2 (SGDE): http://www.scribd.com/doc/75498797/SGDE-Example-of-a-Clear-Investment-Thesis
Links to the annual report and 10-Q are at the end of the document. You may wish to read and value the company BEFORE reading the write-up to test your valuation skills. Again Charlie479 presents a clear and compelling investment thesis.
To brush up on reading a 10-K go here: How to read a 10-K by the SEC http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/reada10k.pdf
I like to simply follow this guy’s advice:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJS_zTnUiBc&feature=related
SHOW ME THE MONEY! SHOW ME THE MONEY!
- Is this a good business by ROIC, ROE, ROA?
- What is it? Sales, profits, cash flows growing, slowing, declining, volatile?
- Debt? How much and what terms?
- How is management compensated and do they have skin in the game?
- Do I have a hope of understanding this business?
5 responses to “Case Study #2 of an Excellent Investment Thesis: SGDE”